GEORGIAN BAY: JULY 7-9
PAY FOR EVENT
GEORGIAN BAY ‘BLAST AROUND THE BAY’ CHARITY FUN RUN
Benefitting the Georgian Bay Hospital Association ‘Boaters for Best Care’ in their efforts to raise a CT scanner
July 7-9, 2017
Sponsored by Astron Packaging and Central Marine
$100 FUN RUN!
Mark your calendars: it’s time for our annual blast around the Bay!
- Friday, July 7
- Afternoon/evening: boats arrive and launch at Central Marine, 171 Midland Ave., Midland. Please park trailers at Quality Inn. Boats will tie up in front of the cruise ship, along the sea wall. The cruise ship will be leaving at 7pm
- 5-6pm Meet and greet and Boaters for Best Care Fundraiser at The Boathouse patio (or inside if weather is inclement), located beside Central Marine and the town docks. Food and beverages will be available. We’ll also be selling 50/50 tickets and we’ll have a silent auction to raise money for Boaters for Best Care
- It’s also Ribfest, so the area will be busy!
FRIDAY NIGHT ROOMS:
Rooms have been reserved at the Quality Inn (formerly Best Western) on Friday night. Please call 705 526 9307 x 0 to reach the hotel reservations.
Group name is Performance Boat Club.
Saturday, July 8
- 8:00 – 9:00 am – Late registration and driver check in at Midland town docks under the pavilion9:30 am – Drivers meeting and safety brief10:30 am – Boat parade by Midland harbour and onward to 1st check point Penetang town docks11:00 am – Depart Penetang to 2nd checkpoint O’Donnell Point
12:15 pm – Arrive at O’Donnell point, stage in single file and Bob Barnhart will lead fleet to Henry’s Sans Souci for lunch stop
12:30 pm – Arrive at Henry’s Sans Souci for Lunch Stop
2:00 pm – Depart Henry’s for Big Sound Marina Parry Sound
3:30 pm – Arrive to Big Sound Marina, Parry Sound. Slips have been reserved
5:00 pm – Knights Inn, Parry Sound is sold out. The Town and Country Inn has rooms and is hotel is a 10 minute walk from the Knights Inn
7:00 pm – Dinner in the hotel at the Brunswick Sports Bar, private room
Sunday, July 9
- 11:00 am depart Parry Sound for Beckwith island raft up and swim (weather permitting)
See you on the Bay!
Registration fee: $100
Membership renewal: $150+HST